December 3, 2013
The M-ENGIN program at UM is looking for a graphic designer to quickly create an initial set of PNG images to be used as digital badges. The initial set will encompass 14 categories with at least 4 levels for each category. Examples of digital badges can be found at credy.com
The initial set of badges needs to be completed by January 1, 2014.
Students should submit examples of their digital work and a resume to Steven Lonn (email@example.com) by Monday, December 9th.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and is negotiable.
September 19, 2013
Graphic artists and individuals with a call for all things creative: we’re looking for you!
826michigan is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting students ages 6 to 18 with their creative and expository writing skills, and to helping teachers inspire their students to write. With a focus on project-based learning, we regularly publish student work in everything from small chapbooks to hardcover volumes filled with student poetry and prose. If you’re looking for a way to dedicate your eye for design and remarkable technical skills to something worthwhile, look no further! We are always looking for the bold and artistically brave to assist us with the creation of beautiful works to showcase our incredible student writing.
We also have a variety of other volunteer opportunities available to fit even the busiest of schedules. We’re looking for excited individuals interested in serving—whether it be by tutoring in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti, working at in-school programs in Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti and Detroit, assisting with field trips or workshops, or helping in the management of the Liberty Street Robot Supply & Repair shop.
July 16, 2012
David Bostic (Picture This Productions) looking to have a basic scene developed. It would consist of a land(beach)/seascape with a few man-made elements.
Here are some of the project parameters:
* Low to low-medium detail
* Low color palette (think paint-by-numbers, or cartooning)
* Any software may be used for development, but the lines should be crisp, to support magnification to mural size (6.7 h x 16 ft w). (So vector-based is preferred)
* Some draft elements of the composition will be provided
* Knowledge/Expertise in translation to mural size (paper medium) preferred, but not necessary.
* Interested parties should contact me as soon as possible. I’d like to get begin working with the artist this week (week of July 16).
Potential elements for Compensation
* Artist can retain mural panel assembly (free-standing, collapsible, reusable) with your rendered artwork (after about 10 days)
* Negotiable cash compensation
* Formal recommendation based on performance, if desired.
Picture This Productions